There are a variety of reasons why candidates may lie on their resumes or CVs. Some common reasons include:
- Inflating qualifications: Some candidates may exaggerate their educational qualifications or work experience in order to make themselves more attractive to potential employers.
- Hiding gaps in employment: Candidates may lie about their work history or employment gaps in order to hide periods of unemployment or to cover up a firing or layoff.
- Concealing criminal history: Some candidates may lie about their criminal history or omit information about past criminal convictions in order to increase their chances of being hired.
- Exaggerating responsibilities: Candidates may exaggerate their responsibilities or accomplishments in order to appear more qualified for the job.
- Lacking required qualifications: Some candidates may lie about their qualifications in order to apply for a job for which they do not meet the minimum requirements.
It’s important to note that lying on a resume or CV is considered fraud and can have serious consequences for both the candidate and the company that hires them. That’s why it’s important for companies to conduct thorough background checks, such as those offered by SEMAFACTS Services Limited, to verify the information provided by job candidates. By conducting a background check, a company can ensure that it is hiring individuals who are truthful about their qualifications and experience